Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hi Everyone - can you believe that I am actually writing on my blog!!! For those of you who don't know, I am the worst emailer ever. I thought that I would give everyone a quick update on my life this week. I have felt great which is a fabulous feeling - I haven't even taken a nap yet this week. I told my friend that I think that I have felt better because I finally made it to Target and I hadn't been there for about 3 weeks. She said that "RETAIL THERAPY" was a great thing. SHE'S RIGHT!!!!! Well, Mon. was a big day is was try #2 at wig shopping......much better this time. I actually bought 2 wigs so I can't wait to introduce you to Molly and Aubrey. Molly is a cute and Aubrey is a little more sassy! After wig shopping I had to get my blood drawn so they could check all my blood level after cycle #1 of chemo. My great nurse Deb said that they were so good she couldn't tell I had even had chemo. I think that your prayers are definitely helping because this was great news. Today I get to go for the FINAL test. It is called a PET scan. Supposedly it is the best way to see if there is any other cancer in my body. I can't wait until this is done. It is a 3-4 hour test with a lot of sitting around. Thanks again for all your prayers. They have definitely been felt and appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Julie, this is my virginal run at a blog response -- so here it goes. Wow, what an education you (and many others) are getting. It has to be so surreal for everyone. I know, that you know, you feel the love surrounding you. Take at least 10 seconds of every minute, 10 minutes of every hour, one hour of every day, tapping into that. Know that you are safe, and when you don't know what else to do, just B R E A T H E. Love Sherri